View Cart Your Basket | Welcome, Guest | My Account

MCPS/PRS Compliance

Home / Support / MCPS Compliance

Copyright and Licence issues

It's a legal requirement for you to obtain a licence for the use of other people’s music before we can proceed with the manufacture of an Audio CD or Video DVD.

If the songs are written by yourself, you will be required to complete our Copyright Indemnity Form which states that you own all rights to the material and that you are legally entitled to manufacture the CD or DVD. Even, if it's your own material, we may still require confirmation from MCPS to that effect. This is a legal matter and all companies are required to see either a valid licence, or at least a copy of your application. You may, or may not require a licence and we can help you through the process quickly to make sure you're completely legal.

You can download a MCPS AP2 Licence Form here. You will need to have the following details for each track, Song Title, Time (Length Of Recording), Songwriters and Publisher details. For the manufacturer, you should put our legal name Harconn Limited, 71 Melrose Avenue, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. B73 6NS.

The MCPS require that you display the letters MCPS to signify the product is licenced, this should be placed on the body of the CD or DVD. If you require more information regarding the MCPS licence, please visit the PRS website or contact us for further information

Get In Touch



Your Message